You are here
Why is this project useful?
- Evaluating the impact wildlife trade has on diseases outbreaks
- Assessing the consequences of massive deforestation and land-use changes
- A One Health approach to counteract zoonoses
What are the project's objectives?
- Build capacity for surveillance and field investigation for zoonotic diseases
- Improve laboratory capacity to detect zoonotic diseases
- Improve national and regional cross-sectoral collaborations by establishing a One Health Surveillance and laboratory network
- Conduct strategic research on two important drivers of disease emergence – Wildlife trade and land-use change